Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just putting it out there.

On the advice of a friend, who is a fabulous earth mother goddess type, I'm just putting this out into the universe:

I hope that Bill and I will be parents in the next few months.

I know. Duh. I hoped to be a parent about five years ago. I thought I was a parent about two months ago. But somehow we aren't parents yet. So we're just waiting for that little baby that was meant for us. We're here and we're ready for you, sweet one! All we need to do is paint the nursery! (Who wants to come help?!)

So now that I've put that out there, I'll share the latest strange escapade in our journey to parenthood. Some dear friends put us in touch with a lawyer who specializes in adoption and surrogacy, because the lawyer had a situation of a failed surrogacy, which meant a pregnant mom in need of adoptive parents for the baby, due in July. You know the old saying: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The surrogate was supposedly abandoned by the intended parent (supposedly a single father) and the surrogate was now carrying the baby, needing to change from surrogacy to adoption, but still wanting to be compensated for the surrogacy. Long and short of it is that what the lawyer is trying to do is completely illegal. In an adoption, the birth mother cannot be compensated. That's called baby selling and it's totally against the law. We consulted with a well-respected adoption attorney in the area, who basically told us to run, not walk, away from the situation. Oy vey.

A friend recently told me that I could write a book with all we've been through. Possibly so. But for now, I'll just blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment